After a long time looking online I stumbled upon an amazing home in the perfect location for our family. Add to that the fact that this home is on the water and is priced way below value and you have what I thought for sure was fate. A once in a lifetime house.
Fate has a way of crapping in your corn flakes sometimes. Now we have to decide if we buy this house before ours is sold and risk having two mortgages, or let it go. I’m heart broken.
Our home hasn’t even been publicly listed yet, so we have no idea how much interest there would even be. We run the risk of sitting on two home for a very, very long time because of this very slow market. No house is worth putting my family in debt for, no matter how perfect.
That being said we are pricing our home for less than we paid for it, despite having put thousands into upgrades. It shows well and I’m confident if we get traffic through, someone will fall in love…. I’m 90% confident…Do we risk it all for a chance at the home of our dreams or wait and hope another perfect home falls into our laps? Do we roll the dice for a chance to win big or do we decide that it’s a risk not worth taking?
My head tells me to chicken out and play it safe but my heart is screaming “Progress always involves risks. You can’t steal second base and keep your foot on first” “No risk, no reward” “To dare is to lose one’s footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself” “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly”. ~Robert F. Kennedy ” Of all the people I have ever known, those who have pursued their dreams and failed have lived a much more fulfilling life than those who have put their dreams on a shelf for fear of failure”.