When I told my husband I was going to do a “favourite things” blog he said “Who do you think you are, Oprah?” I don’t watch Oprah, but apparently my husband is a big fan. I had no idea she did a “favourite things” show…and no, even though I am copying her, I will not be giving this stuff away for free..sorry about that.
So, here we go…a few of my favourite things….
1. My “Mommy Snack Basket”. To help me avoid the urge to eat all my kids yummy, super bad for me snacks I made myself a basket filled with snacks all under 100 calories….
2. Pledge Fabric Sweeper. This thing works awesome for pet hair! I like it much better then sticky rollers or lint brushes for the cat hair on my couch! Worth the $5 for sure!
3. My Frying Pan. I love this pan. It is a non-stick frying and saucepan in one. It makes perfect pancakes and eggs but with the high sides it holds sauces too. I love the tight fitting lid and because it is non-stick, cleaning it never requires scrubbing! I tossed out all my old frying pans and now can make so many meals using just this one pan!
4. My Miracle Face Cream. It’s Neutrogena® Oil-Free Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment. If you have bad skin, this is the best stuff I have ever used..and for only $7….it’s worth every penny. It hasn’t just helped with acne, my skin tone is better and fine lines have faded as well!
5. My makeup brushes. I have no idea how to put on makeup. I always end up looking like I have none on, or like a clown. Makeup brushes have really helped me to blend and to add a little more then I usually would, but have it look more subtle….I still have no idea what I’m doing, but using brushes has made me feel like I do!
6. My Netbook. If you love surfing the web in bed as much as I do, this light weight, long lasting battery little wonder is the computer for you. I can surf the web, watch movies, edit pictures and video and it fits in my purse…what more can I ask for?
7. My foot cheese grater. My feet are gross…so gross I don’t even like getting pedicures…it’s embarrassing and who has time for that crap anyways? This $5 cheese grater does a great job on these rough, sandpaper feet of mine.
8. My Roomba. I know I’ve said it before, but his little vacuum saves me so much time and I love watching it clean my house for me! $100 may seem like a lot to spend on a robot vacuum, but can you really put a cost on a clean and dust-ball free home? No, no you cannot.
9. My new kitty litter box. Roll it upside down and then back again and magically, the poop is inside the little compartment! No more scooping with that filthy little shovel! $28 at Canadian Tire has made changing the cat litter cleaner, faster and way less gross!
So, these are a few of my favourite things! Share yours with me! I’d love to hear about the little things that make your life easier or better in some small way!