Ladybugs are generally stressed out by surface clutter and like to keep their living space clean and clutter free. Usually, a Ladybug takes a lot of pride in having a clean and well decorated home. The hidden areas of a Ladybug’s home are a different story though!
If you think of a real ladybug, they are pretty and shiny on the outside, but when they open their wings….well, it’s a horror show under there!
You know you’re a ladybug if your surfaces are clean and tidy but your junk drawer is overflowing and you would be embarrassed if guests opened your closets. Ladybugs need macro-organizing systems (aka quick and easy) and without a system in place, stuff can get shoved here, there and everywhere! Ladybugs need to work on setting up systems inside drawers and closets that are quick and easy to use.
Despite your love of all things pretty and clutter-free, Ladybugs can struggle to use daily organizing systems that require time and effort. Traditional filing cabinets, containers with lids and really micro-organized systems are difficult for Ladybugs to use on a daily basis.
- Set aside 30 minutes a week (over even more often) and pick one area in your home to reorganize. Ladybugs can follow easy organizing systems, they just need to schedule time to make it a priority.
- Use drawer dividers or small open containers to keep like things together inside drawers. Examples: Batteries, pens, tools, jewellery, makeup, tape, craft supplies etc. Using dividers or open containers means you can just open the drawer and easily toss the item in it’s home!
- If it is hard to put away, you won’t. Make your storage solutions easily accessible and clearly labeled. Use containers without lids inside drawers, closets and just about everywhere else!
- Pretty baskets are your best friend! Ladybugs love a pretty, clutter-free home. Using pretty baskets can keep your home looking pretty and uncluttered while giving you an easily accessible spot to store smaller items. Use baskets for toys, newspapers, cookbooks, office supplies and so much more! Buying containers that all match and are the same color can give a Ladybug that minimal look, while providing that much needed fast organization.
- A binder system will work well for you. Using a pretty binder with clear plastic sleeves is a great way to hold your important family papers like schedules, calendars, contact numbers, recipes, coupons, school information and kids artwork!
- Create zones for your homes. Give all your items a home and you will just naturally put them back there. Make sure the “homes” are close to where you use them. Do you do homework and crafts at the kitchen table? Make sure your homework and craft supplies are located in the kitchen. Organizing into zones will ensure that cleaning up is fast and easy.
- Purge unused things often. Set a time once a month to go through and donate some items you are not using anymore. Your closets will be so much easier to keep clean with less stuff in there!
Ladybugs can easily get caught up in their homes. Be sure to take time out of your day for family and friends. There is more to life than a clean and organized home…wait..did I just say that?
I am now offering a FREE online organizing course ALL about the four organizing styles and how to combine multiple styles under one roof. You can join this free online course HERE.
Want to learn more about Ladybugs? Get your Free What ClutterBug Are You Ebook Now!